Māori Healthcare & the Treaty of Waitangi
To participate in this Course, please follow these steps:
- There are four modules to be completed.
- The whole course takes about 1-3 hours to complete, dependant upon your current knowledge.
- Additional time will be required for extra reading, library references, and activities.
- You will need audio capability to view /listen to the video material.
- You need (IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari) browsers, to support Adobe Flash installed. If you use IE9, you may need to switch on compatibility mode.
- You can download your Certificate once you have provided feedback and completed the assessment.
MĀORI HEALTHCARE & THE TREATY OF WAITANGI – Course Modules
Module 1 – Declaration of Independence
This module provides an understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and the principles of the Treaty within the context of New Zealand healthcare. This module also provides an understanding of cultural diversity in New Zealand.
Module 2 – The Treaty of Waitangi
This module provides a more in depth understanding of the Treaty document.
Module 3 – Historical context and Māori health disparities
Understanding Māori health disparities today requires you to understand the context within which they have developed.
Module 4 – Māori Health Disparities
A concerning issue is that Māori have less access to health services that do the best job for Māori. Māori need health services that are clinically competent and culturally competent.