MEd, Dip Bus, ONZM
Riripeti is the Managing Director of Mauriora Associates.
Whakapapa: Riripeti is of Ngāpuhi, Tūhoe, Taranaki and Te Arawa descent.
- Member of the Māori Roopu for the Health and Safety Commission
- ALT Whānau Ora member of the National Hauora Coalition
- Chair of the Māori Governance group responsible for the development of Whānau Ora qualifications and Māori Public Health on the NZQA framework
- Counties Manukau Regional Safe Baby Programme Coordinator – Middlemore Hospital
- National Māori Sudden Infant Death Syndrome SIDS Prevention Programme
- Apaarangi Tautoko Auahi Kore – National Maori smoke free advocacy
- Child Death Morality Review Committee development – Ministry of Health appointment
- National Breastfeeding Committee – Ministry of Health appointment
- National Health Committee – Minister appointment
- Public Health Advisory Committee – Minister appointment
- Chair Hauora.com – National Maori workforce development
- Chair Te Whiringa – National Maori Community Health Workers collective
- Māori Diabetes – Counties Manukau DHB, Project Manager
- Health Sponsorship Council – Quality Manager/Māori responsiveness communities
Email: [email protected]
Dr Peter Jansen
MBChB, FRNZCGP, Grad Cert. Clin Tchg
Peter (Ngāti Raukawa) is a teacher, researcher, and health management advisor for Mauri Ora Associates. He is also a shareholder and Director of Mauri Ora Associates
Peter has significant experience as a GP in Papakura and Whangamata and was formerly Medical Director of Boehringer Ingelheim (NZ) Limited, a multi-national pharmaceutical company. Peter is a member of the Ministry of Health’s Performance Advisory Group for primary care and of Te Roopu Manawa Mai (the ACC Māori Advisory Board). He has published a number of papers relating to cultural competence in health care [for example see: Jansen P and Sorenson D. Culturally Competent Health Care, NZFamPhys 2002 October; 27(3) Jansen, P, Bacal, K and Smith, K. Developing Cultural Competence in accordance with the Health Practitioner Assurance Act, NZFamPhys 2006 October 33(5).
Peter’s previous appointments include Deputy Chair of Counties Manukau DHB, Board Member of Mid-Central Health. Peter was also an inaugural director of ProCare IPA, director of Quality Health NZ (formerly the NZ Council of Healthcare Standards), and Clinical Director of Te Kupenga o Hoturoa PHO. Peter was also an inaugural Member of the National Advisory Group for the Development and Implementation of Guidelines (National Health Committee, 1995-1996).
Peter is currently based in Sydney with Boehringer Ingelheim (NZ) Limited.
Dr David Jansen
MBChB, MRNZCGP, BHB, BA (Māori), Dip Tchg
David is Ngāti Raukawa and was formerly a resource teacher of Māori studies and language in the Hawkes Bay before he completed his training as a medical practitioner at Middlemore Hospital in South Auckland.
David’s main focus is running clinical teaching, Te Reo and Tikanga Māori programmes for Māori health professionals throughout the country. He is also Chairman of Te Ataarangi Educational Trust. David has also published a phrase book of Māori medical terms which was released in February 2006 as a resource for the Māori health sector.
He is currently a General Practitioner in Central Auckland, and Lecturer at the University of Auckland School of Medicine and Health Sciences. David is also Chairperson of Te Ohu Rata o Aotearoa, the Maori Medical Practitioners Association of Aotearoa and a member of Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners.
David is currently the Medical Director of the Hauora Maori Coalition and also works as a General Practitioner in Auckland.